Bridge Capital Properties is an independent property portfolio manager and consulting business. It compiles, manages, lists and/or disposes of commercial property portfolios in southern Africa, primarily for foreign investors and sometimes as a co-investor.
Bridge Capital first raised the Springbok Property fund in 2006 with European partners and investors. This is a substantial private commercial property fund comprising of 45 properties. Bridge Capital Property Asset Management (Pty) Ltd is the asset manager of the fund, with day-to-day property and facility management functions outsourced to Eris Properties.
Under the asset management of Bridge Capital’s property division, the Springbok Property Fund was the top performing commercial property fund in the Investment Property Databank (IPD) South African all-fund universe for 2008 and 2009.
The property division is compiling other large South African commercial property funds for European institutional investors and a London residential property fund for South African investors. It also advises in the listing of property portfolios on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE).
Other activities of the property division include:
- Private equity transactions in the property sphere
- Capital raising
- Portfolio listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Packaging property development projects for on-sale to long-term investors
- Advice on maximising the values and returns of commercial properties
- Strategic property reviews
- Acquisition and disposal advice
- Sale and leaseback opportunities
- Site selection and land assembly
- Discreet advice and implementation of approved property strategies